Dr Dominic Cooper CFIOSH CPsychol muses and waxes lyrical on various topical issues that have surfaced over the past year, in an attempt to stir debate and/or help the safety profession look at an issue from a different perspective. Enjoy and comment if you wish.
- An interview taking an internatonal perspective on safety published in The Safety & Health Practitioner.
- IOSH 2014: Poor leadership is the biggest blockage to safety!
- Dr Tim Marsh, director of Ryder Marsh, interviews Dr Dominic Cooper about behavioural safety on video.Part 1
- Dr Tim Marsh, director of Ryder Marsh, interviews Dr Dominic Cooper about behavioural safety on video.Part 2
- Dr Dominic Cooper explores how to balance the safety - productivity conflict: Redressing the balance between safety and productivity
- Dr Dominic Cooper explores the effectiveness of "Hearts & Minds" campaigns and Behavior-Based Safety Behavioural safety: thinking, feeling or doing?
- Dr Dominic Cooper looks at Britain's long term Serious Injury and Fatalities (SIFs) and questions how effective we in the UK safety profession have really been: UK Incident Statistics: Are we really making a difference?
- Dr Dominic Cooper explores the influence of safety professionals on Patient Safety in Britain: The UK safety profession and patient safety in the NHS
- Making use of Nudge Theory, Dr Cooper presents some practical tips to subconsciously influence people's safety behaviour. Smell of success: subconscious safety influencers
- Dr Dominic Cooper asks Are your employees engaged in safety"?
- Dr Dominic Cooper highlights and comments on Britain's rise in occupational fatalities?
- Dr Dominic Cooper discusses why people take short-cuts and suggests involving the workforce in procedural reviews to minimize the problem.
- Dr Dominic Cooper discusses different ways of measuring Behavioural Safety to monitor how well the process is working.